I'm going to let you in on a secret. I hate admitting defeat.
I should be graduating in 11 months, but now because of a stupid misunderstanding, I have to make this decision...to push myself beyond what I know I should and grad on time, or do the reasonable, logical thing and grad 8 months later.
It's ridiculous right? Me stressing out over 8 months of my life? 8 months that will fly... It's even a little bit ridiculous that I'm writing about this. Everyone tells me to be logical and grad a semester later, no big deal right?
But it is a big deal to me, because for me, it's admitting defeat. And I hate admitting defeat. Because I'm determined, because I'm competitive, because I hate failing at anything. It blinds me sometimes, blinds me to what is smart, what is logical. All I can focus on is the goal, the finish line.
And I know that it really shouldn't matter when I graduate. It should just matter that I do.
This is ridiculous...someone please tell me I'm being ridiculous.
1 comment:
You're losing me, dear. How is completing all of the required courses of a program and graduating admitting defeat? Is this because you feel that you should have completed all of your Bachelor classes in 4 years? I feel that you made a plan, which included going to Edmonton to pursue some personal goals, and that was also part of the plan. You may have altered your graduation time table by doing that, because a few courses were not transferable, but I don't call that defeat, I call that altering the plan and pursuing other goals as well, and then getting back on track with your complete goal to graduate. I'm proud of you,honey! No defeat observed here! You have pursued your goals each year, accomplished them with high marks, and you are still moving forward one year at a time in your life and have accomplished all that you have set out to do. Success!!! Love Mom
Post a Comment