Soooo.... since I'm here all the way around the world with my amazingly, beautiful friend - I thought it was only right and proper for me to say a few words on this phenomenal blog of hers. In keeping with the tone and spirit of this blog, I will share a funny story and pour my heart out to you, our eager readers.
After a long and eventful day in Cambridge yesterday (which I will leave to K's memoirs) we decided against going to London for the Hillsong service (which we will now attend next week) in favor of sleeping in. This plan proved to be quite wise since I was valiantly fending off a cold and sleep proved to be quite a good remedy. After sleeping away the day and using all of the remaining toilet paper and kleenex that I'd brought from home - my nose finally stopped running! PTL! So off we went to City Church at 6:30 pm, ten minutes away from home base. It was incredible. I completely loved the service, the people and the worship - although as I told Johnny I did feel a little gypped since it felt super short :-) After service we all went out together... while we were out K and I realized that we had no toilet paper since I had used it all on my nose and we started to brainstorm how we could beg, borrow or steal some. Somehow our dilemma got around and thus begins the funny part of my story.
Johnny comes back from using the loo and puts down some toilet paper one the table saying, "Here - hope this helps!" So we all roar with laughter that he actually did that and continue on our conversations. Then Rachel and K leave and when they come back they are both falling over with laughter. When questioned as to what was so funny it was found that apparently K met Rach in the hallway and Rachel suddenly handed her a huge wad of toilet paper saying, "Here you go!" So K now has a whole purse load of toilet paper. More than enough to keep someone going for a full week. To top it off, Steph goes to the bathroom next and comes out complaining - "Where did all that paper go?" So apparently in quest to stock one bathroom we depleted another... so sorry Beehive. But our problem is now officially solved!
Anyways, on a more serious note... I've been here in England for officially six days and loved every single minute of it. The first day we ventured out of K's dorm I was amazed at how at home I felt - apart from the cars driving on the wrong side of the road. K has definitely saved my life several times from being killed by speeding cars driving on the WRONG side of the road :-) Oh and pedestrians do not have right of way here... so Sarah all your street wise "look before you cross the road" has come in handy here - thanks!
Similarly to K, this time away has been an incredible time to let God move and speak to me like never before. I am constantly amazed at His goodness. I think for myself I often put myself in a box and then just as easily put God in one as well. Thankfully, this view is changing as I am learning that my horizons are limitless and I have a Guide who has already gone before me and knows what's ahead. It's pretty cool and takes all the pressure off from having to always make the right and proper choice. It's time to live and live well! As this is my first and probably will be the last note I post on this blog, I want to leave you with one final thought. It's a quote from a song that has really spoken volumes to me the last couple of weeks. Enjoy!
I will walk on water
You will catch me if I fall
I will get lost into your eyes
I know everything will be alright
Everything is alright
- Lifehouse
Love from me,
Bec
2 comments:
It's a good thing that you don't have a counter on your page to see how many times during the day I check your page, to see if you have changed it yet. Love Mom
MY NAME IS IN THE BLOG!!! WOOP!!!
love u guys loads!!! xxxxxx
Post a Comment