Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Oh what a glorious day!

Ok, so about 9 years ago I was on the East Coast with my mom, sister Tia and our friend Jen and one morning while eating a delicious continental breakfast I managed to spill my entire bowl of oatmeal into Jen's brand new leather shoes.

This morning...I did it again. To myself. With raspberry yogurt. Oops!!

Canucks are officially out of the playoffs (since WHEN does Luongo let in SEVEN (Count them, SEVEN) goals in ONE game?! But, since I'm all isolated and such in England I couldn't watch the game, so I guess I shouldn't judge!!

But despite mishaps such as these (and the fact that my exam is in 2 hours) I am ridiculously happy. And that makes me ridiculous, in general. I'm not even quite sure how to explain it - I am just so in love with life. I woke up to a beautiful day with intense wind howling all around. I love days like this! Warm and sunny, but windy as all get out! Love it!!! Plus, Beckie is coming in 6 sleeps!! And I am at 3+ weeks before I come home for SUMMER!!!

Want to hear something cool? (Cool to me at least) God really rocked my world last night. I realized that so often I am scared to hear His voice, because I'm scared to make a mistake and make some sort of irrevversible decision that screws me over. He showed me how He doesn't expect me to be perfect. He just expects me to trust Him. And besides that, I have done lots of stupid things in the past, but God has protected me and carried me all the way through, so "whom shall I fear when my God is with me?!"

Anyways, there's my little tidbit for today. Now I am off to study madly for 2 more hours before my exam (wish me luck on post-socialist HR policies and the like)!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oatmeal happened in 2002 in Nova Scotia, for the record. That was a fabulous trip together! Mom

Post a Comment