Thursday, May 14, 2009

Lemons


Want to hear a funny story? This one time, my brother and I were in a library and were on our way to the gym/pool but he wasn't allowed in without me (because you know, I have connections), but then, right there in the library, this old man dropped dead. Before I got there though, they took his body away, leaving me pretty hysterical. So, Curtis and I went to the store and I bought this lemon that was as big as pumpkin and Curtis bought an actual pumpkin. While we were carrying them home, someone came along and asked why I had such a big lemon and where did I get it. I simply answered, "Well, when life gives you lemons you're supposed to make lemonade. We plan on making a LOT of lemonade!" But then, instead of making lemonade and carving the pumpkin, we carved the lemon and drank pumpkin juice. Sick.

And then I woke up.

Yeah, that didn't actually happen. I dreamt it. Last night. It would be pretty sweet to have a lemon that big though. It was pretty wicked though - a big pile of lemons that more resembled a big pile of pumpkins around Hallowe'en time. But lemons, not pumpkins. The funny thing is that last week I actually did buy a lemon that was literally the size of a grapefruit. And yesterday I bought 3 lemons. But no pumpkins...

The more I type the word "lemon" the funnier it seems to me. You know how that happens when you repeat a word over and over? I so love lemons. And freshly squeezed lemonade (not this lemony-spritey-carbonated rubbish that they call lemonade over here; although I AM madly in love with said lemony-spritey-carbonated rubbish!!)

Alright, enough about lemons. I will go back to cleaning with my lemony cleaner. Mmm....lemons.

So far I have scrubbed out my bathroom, floor to ceiling, then washed my bedroom walls and window. It smells so fresh in my room now :) I just realized that it's Thursday and Becs is coming on Monday! Yay! Which means that I am going to start organizing all of my things (which, is what I do best) so we can fit 2 people and 6 suitcases in here :) Then, I am going to study my little brains out. Then, make myself some dinner. Yep. That's the plan. Now, you know what I am up to today! That and listening to old music. Yay!

I can't believe I come home in just a little over 3 weeks! I don't feel ready to leave here, yet I also am so excited to come home!! I have realized that the downside of having friends all over the place is that it means I am in a constant state of missing people, no matter where I happen to be. So that sucks. But at the same time, I feel so blessed to have met so many amazing people in my life thus far and visited so many incredible places.

Ahh, I love life!

PS - if you feel so inclined, feel free to pray for my laptop - my cord jack is deciding to be temperamental, so sometimes when I plug it in, it doesn't charge. Lame.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment