Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Much Ado About Nothing

Well, I had quite a productive day today. I scrubbed every inch of my bathroom - walls, shower, floor and all. I cleaned globs of hair out of my shower drain (sick!) and thankfully discovered that there were no remnants of other people's hair in my drain. I washed my window. I organized my homework, which basically means that I turned all my papers around in the same direction and stacked them in my middle drawer. I rearranged my bulletin board. I vacuumed my carpet, twice (because the vacuum sucks). I found books in the library. I made myself dinner. I ate an apple. I discovered a blister on the top of my right middle toe from wearing heels. I hate how minor injuries alway hurt after you discover them. I made my bed. I took out my garbage. I hung up all my clothes and organized my shoes. I even ate a pita with peanut butter! I watched 4 episodes of Friends (my goodness, will Ross and Rachel go out again already!) I painted my toenails. I even made sure that all the pens in my pen cup were the right way up. I pondered life a little and wrote in the journal that Nicole gave me. I found sticky notes from Nicole inside my journal that I forgot I had put there. I left an angry note in my kitchen to whoever ate BOTH of the pizzas I left in the freezer (I made sure to accent the BOTH in my note too). I also discovered that Hilarie Burton is starting her own production company. Oh wait, I discovered that last night. Oh well, it's still more interesting than my angry pizza note.

Basically, I did a lot today without really doing a lot. It was quite an exciting day, let me tell you! I productively wasted about 8 hours. Now it's 7:30 and I have nothing to do. I should go to the gym, but I feel incredibly lazy right now - my busy day took a lot out of me.

I hear it snowed at home again. Well, sucks to be you. As for me, I am enjoying a beautiful spring. I am wearing shorts right now. With a hoody that doesn't match. On purpose. Because I'm like that sometimes.

Contrary to popular belief...it's only rained about 3 times in the 2 months I've been here. I saw something pretty cool on Sunday though! I might have even blogged about this already, I can't remember and I'm too lazy to look before I post this.

So I was sitting in the library with Bryan, sort of working on our presentation, sort of laughing at quotes from The Breakfast Club and sort of staring out of the window. So it's raining pretty good and then the wind kicks up, so you can literally SEE the wind blowing. It was like, raindrops caught in huge gusts of wind, being blown all about. I swear it took those raindrops 17 times longer than usual to reach the ground; the wind just wouldn't let them down! So anyways, that was interesting and we watched that for a little bit (anything to procrastinate studying the Mexican Peso Crisis of 1994 - trust me, your life is not complete without studying that one!). Then all of a sudden, the whole sky just races away and it's a beautiful, clear blue sky. It was truly beautiful.

Anyways, this post has been a lot like my day - a whole lot of nothing about nothing. I am going to go read my William Faulkner book now. I would say my lovely William Faulkner book, except William Faulkner is certainly not lovely. Strange. Yet interesting. The best kind.

Or maybe I will watch some Friends. How I survive with such an exciting life, I truly do not know. I am so glad that I can amuse myself in my head. Honestly, I don't know how people who lack imagination live with themselves! I think I'll go re-write my angry pizza note so that it sounds more sarcastic. Yep, that's a good plan...

1 comment:

Bryan said...

The no rain/windy rain/no rain was pretty awesome on Sunday. And I think the procrastinating helped us to kick ass even more on the Mexican Peso Crisis!

Sounds like a relaxing Wednesday, though.

Post a Comment