Thursday, March 5, 2009

I Hate Pigeons

Beautiful names for groups of birds...

"a flight of swallows"
"a pitying of turtledoves"
"a spring of teal"
"a murmuration of starlings"
"an exaltation of larks"
"a parliament of owls"
"an unkindness of ravens"
"a murder of crows"

I seriously think that these pretty names for groups of birds is just a ploy so that less people will shoot the annoying little winged creatures who wake you up from a delightful sleep on a Saturday morning, or the fat pigeons who dive-bomb you as you walk the streets of London (true story). It's getting to the point where I am considering keeping a sling-shot in my purse. Except....I am horribly uncoordinated and it is most likely frowned upon to shoot pigeons with a sling-shot on a London street during rush hour. C'est la vie.

Why can't people have a pretty name...we are just a "group of humans".

Well that was anti-climactic.

Lame.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We could have a murder of humans but I doubt it would be pretty.

Post a Comment