Sunday, January 18, 2009

Moving into res

Holla from Hatfield!

Well, I'm back in England and moved into my residence! I am so blessed that I could get into my room right away. Most of the international students here are all together in camp beds in a big room until they can get into their proper rooms next weekend!! I was able to go shopping today and get a bunch of stuff that I needed - dishes and towels and a pillow and the like. I am so happythat I actually have my own space and a proper shower all to myself! haha

My bathroom seriously looks like a spaceship - I'll have to post some pictures later. It's like a cubicle connected to my room with a round shower and I dunno, it's hard to explain, but it's so hilarious! Tiny, but hilarious. My room itself is pretty great. My bed is fairly comfy, I have a massive desk, a huge wardrobe, lots of lighting, a nice big window that faces the sunset, tons of shelving! It's about the size of the dorm rooms at Trinity, except it's just me in there! :)

For those of you who want to send me letters (which you all should, since I LOVE getting mail!) my mailing address is:

Flat 4 Sandridge Hall
de Havilland Campus
Hatfield, Herts
AL10 9BL

What else can I tell you. Oh! Funny story! So when I got here last night I went to the new student reception and I see this couple sitting there, the girl is crying because she didn't have a place to sleep the night. So anyways, they send the 3 of us: me, the crying British girl, and her American boyfriend up to this other hall to figure out our sleeping situation. So we walk in and this guy Andy, who is this massively huge, hilarious guy cheers up the girl. Then he finds out I'm Canadian, from Vancouver Island and he goes "I'm going to marry a Canadian girl! And I've been to Vancouver Island!" So then he asks me my name and I tell him, and he goes, that's an unfortunate last name. So I tell him that I've heard all the jokes already, and he goes, "Oh no, I just thought that since you have an unfortunate last name and I need a Canadian girl to marry we could kill 2 birds with one stone!" So, I've already had my first marriage proposal! lol

Oh, another cool thing! So there were sending these vans back and forth to Asda (which is their version of Wal-Mart) and I went to see if I could go, but they were all full up, so one of the ladies says that she has to go to Asda in 15 minutes anyways and she'll take me, but I'll have to walk back because there are no busses today. It's really not that far of a walk, about 20 minutes, but I had a lot of stuff I needed to get, so this other guy who was working there, Kieran, says he'll pick me up. So that's great and I get all I need and on the way back, I ask him if he's a student or what and he tells me that he graduated last year but he's now a youth pastor, so that was cool and we talked for a bit and he told me about several churches around here and that they have an on-campus Bible study on Thursday nights. So that was pretty sweet! I feel so blessed that God has totally provided all of these awesome people that I can connect with and encourage me to get plugged into, or as Kieran put it, "stuck" into a church. Haha!

Anyways, people have been super friendly and I am slowly getting used to being constantly surrounded by the accents. I even rode in the front seat of a right-hand drive car today! Exciting, I know! :P

Well, I am going to walk over to the mall and see if I can find a nail file, as I have managed to break about 6 nails in the past week. Have an amazing day, everybody! I miss you all and, as my sister Charis would put it, I love you to death!

Hearts,
K.

No comments:

Post a Comment