Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Jolts On A Bus

I went to Vancouver yesterday with some friends to watch Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals downtown with the thousands of other people crammed onto West Georgia Street.  On the way back to the ferry, on the bus this morning, I read this add from the Raise The Roof campaign:

"A cat wanders the street
And the neighbourhood is alerted
A homeless sixteen-year old wanders the streets
And they really hope they find that cat"

I read it about twenty times on that bus ride and something in my heart caught.  It speaks to this apathy we have for real, living people.  People not unlike you and I.  People with souls and feelings and hurt and joys and secrets and emotions.

Does it jolt you like it jolts me?

1 comment:

-Nessa said...

i love this. totally true.

Post a Comment