Friday, February 27, 2009

The One With The Economics Class

Ok, so funny story! For my Econ class I switched seminar sections and then the classroom, so in my wandering around trying to find the right class, I get to class right at 1 o'clock on the button and the prof wasn't there yet, so I'm look "great, I'm not late!" I go in, find a chair (which happens to be the ONLY chair not occupied) which is sitting by itself in a corner, drag it across the room to an empty spot at a table and sit down. So there I am, this Canadian girl who has walked into this silent class and dragged a chair (rather noisily too) across the room. And then I see one of my flatmates, so I'm like "Simone! Hey, how's it going?! I didn't know you were in this class!" (kind of loudly, in the way that I do) and she goes (quietly), "uhh, I think you're in the wrong lecture", so I laugh and am like "no, no, I switched seminars and then the room was switched" and yada yada. (Bear in mind I'm kind of loud and across the room from here) So she goes, "oh. ok" At this point, I'm trying to figure out why she looks so confused, so I turn to the guy next to me and I'm like "econ right?" and he's like "uh no, Media Studies" so I'm going "what?!" Then I realize that the prof IS there, she's just off to the side, talking to another student and the class is just running late. All the people from my class are standing in the hallway waiting for the class to empty (I wondered why there were so many people in the hall!)...so at this point, I've totally made enough of a disturbance so I'm thinking "whatever, I'll just wait until everyone leaves." So soon enough, they all leave and stay sitting there. Meanwhile my prof has come in and gives me this strange look and goes "aren't you one of mine?" and I'm like "yeah, yeah I just got here early and..."

Anyways, it's ok to laugh at me, I certainly am!! Don't you love that I tell you all about all the embarassing and awkward situations that I manage to get myself into! :)

In other news...it's the weekend!! So far I have...slept, eaten beans and croissants (mmmm), watched Friends, hung out at church with my beautiful friends, Skyped various loves of my life, filled another journal and written a funny story for you... I am officially tired. Time for bed!

Shopping/exploring/gallivanting in London tomorrow! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment