Monday, February 9, 2009

In other news...

Well, it's been awhile since my last post, so I guess it's time to come out of my BatCave (where I have basically ensconced myself for the past week watching episode after episode of Prison Break and eating the UK's fantastic sweet popcorn) and say hello to the world!

I FINALLY had my first real day of classes. This semester just might be interesting after all! ;) I have also been collecting some slightly amusing stories for y'all...

On the weekend I went out with the girls to a restaurant and saw something interesting....this guy wasn't too impressed with the service so he stormed into the kitchen and threw a plate at the chef. As for him, he got booted out of the restaurant.

That same day I got a postcard from a complete stranger in Kansas.

In other news, my neighbour is rapping in her room? I don't get it either.

I can't really think of anything else that has been interesting...I truly did nothing all week (due to the cancelled classes) except read, journal, listen to music, shower, watch Prison Break, and play canasta online. I know, I know, you're all jealous of my exciting life in Europe :)

I made pancakes today. Actually, I attempted to make pancakes. They failed miserably (as always). I know you're supposed to wait for the edges to curl under and the bubbles to come up, but....they just always burn. Or they aren't cooked all the way through. And brown sugar tastes different here too. Basically, lunch sucked. haha

Anyways, it rained today, for the first time since I've been here (or at least, the first time in my memory) and the snow is all melted away and now that I'm thinking about pancakes, I am hungry. I suppose it is 7:20...well, I'm off to make spaghetti!! Mmmm...

Don't forget to miss me :)
K.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The problem with the pancakes, honey, is that you and I like to do everything on high heat and high speed and instantly, in high gear. You can't cook pancakes on high heat, or they will burn. SLLOOOWWW down the cooking a wee bit to the mid point on the burner, or less, and they will cook nicely. Mom

Post a Comment