Wednesday, May 4, 2011

My heart is broken

Wow...I have not blogged in ages and I feel like that it completely atrocious!

I swear I need an extra 12 hours in a day to get everything done.  That or I could just give up sleeping.  Just.  I did write a story last week.  Maybe I will share it with you sometime.

I apologize, my dear friends,  I also apologize that I do not have anything particularly deep or witty to share with you right now.

I've been doing a lot of driving lately.  At least an hour a day on average.  Although I hate my gas bill, I so treasure those moments.

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately.  About myself and my heart and where I want to go in life.

But mostly God has simply been breaking my heart.  Breaking it for the poor, for the oppressed, for people living in fear and shame.  I should have known better.  I asked Him too and He is making good on it.

Every day I find myself a little bit more ruined for the Kingdom of God.  This thing growing inside my chest is a crescendo of one simple sentence "we're running out of time to tell the world that Jesus lives."  All across this world, there are people who simply don't KNOW how beautiful Jesus is and that He is so desperate to bring people into His heart.

I am tired of working for all the things that the world tells me I should want - like money, and success, and power.

And so my heart is breaking.  And I am very curious to see what happens once God starts putting it back together again.  What will it look like?  What will I look like?  More like Him...I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment