I feel like all I ever do is post music on here haha! I guess it's because music speaks to me so deeply sometimes. If there is one CD I've listened to on repeat over and over and over again recently it's Tenth Avenue North's new CD "The Light Meets the Dark". It is packed with such stunningly beautiful lyrics that I can't help but listen to them over and over again. There is so much beautiful truth in them that I can't help it! Anyways, I wrote down a bunch of my favourite lyrics excerpts (one from each song on the album) in my journal and I was looking at them again and decided to type them out. So here they are for you! Read them if you wish. Or go listen to the songs. Or don't. But do :)
And you can't believe it's not enough. All the walls you built up just glass on the outside....This is where the healing begins. This is where the healing starts. When you come to where you're broken within - the light meets the dark.
So you lost all the things you tried to keep....but He'll break open the skies to save those who cry out His name.
You are more than the choices that you've made. You are more than the sum of your past mistakes. You are more than the problems you create. Cause this is not about what you've done, but what's been done for you. This is not about where you've been, but where your brokenness brings you to.
The truth is who You are.
We are caught in the in-between. Of who we already are and who we are yet to be. We're looking for love, but finding we're still in need. It's only what we have lost will we be allowed to keep. And we're waiting, but our eyes are wandering to all this world holds dear...Look at all the pretty things that steal my heart away. I can feel I'm fading. 'Cause Lord, I've loved so many things that keep me from Your face. Come and save me. We're caught in the in-between. But we're fighting for what we already have received.
Do you even know Me? Cause I already know who you are. And all the things that kept us apart. So reach in and touch my scars. And know the price I paid for your heart. It's not enough just to say that you're ok. I need your hurt, I need your pain - it's not Love any other way. A broken and contrite heart I will not despise. Come as you are. And I won't close My eyes.
Love, I have waited for you. And love, I was wounded for you. Won't you look into My eyes? Through your pain and through your pride? And find I am True? On and on we go. Back to where this all began. Come love, take my hand. Life is waiting for you. And life, I have given to you. Well, tell me, what else can I do? What more have I left to prove, that I am what you need? Still I will hold onto your heart. Through the chaos and the dark, when your eyes fail to see. So what are you waiting for? On and on we go. Come love, take my hand. As you run away again. On and on we go... Come away my love...
And why? I'm asking You, why?
And a house of mirrors never helped you see any clearer. It's yourself you can't see past. Freedom's waiting for you now. Shatter the glass on the ground.
If I let these dreams die, will I find the letting go lets me come alive? So empty my hands. Fill up my heart. Capture my mind with You. Oh please, Lord. How long will I be held captive by the lies that I believe? My heart's in constant chaos and it keeps me so deceived. My mind is like a building burning down - I need your grace to keep me from the ground. And my heart is like a prisoner of war - a slave to what it wants and to what I'm fighting for. So won't you empty my hands, fill up my heart, capture my mind with You?
Oh my dear. I will wait for you. And grace tonight will pull us through.
1 comment:
Beautiful.
Post a Comment