Saturday, August 14, 2010

Fools and Gold

Heard this song at Alive Inside a few weeks ago and loved it, so I bought the CD.  It's Fools and Gold by Jason Zerbin.  Such a beautiful song...thought I'd share the lyrics with you!

Could Love be the single thing we all fight to know?
Could Love be an ache and hole in our souls?
Could Love be the breaking down we all hate to be?
Could Love be a blurring line between You and me?
We'll see...

My heart awake at night to doors in open skies
Where my love
I hear Your voice arise
And come inside

Cause I know that we are frozen eyes with our heart of coal
Breaking for Life and Hope to come
And be here now
Cause we've been chasing for love like a pot of gold
Selling our bodies to heal our souls
As we bleed here now

Your love in the purest kiss no lie could fake
Your love in the crimson flow upon my grave
Your love in the sweetest song from angel's tongues
Your love here upon the earth is kingdom come

My heart awake at night to doors in open skies
Where my love
I hear Your voice arise
And come inside


Cause I know that we are frozen eyes with our heart of coal
Breaking for Life and Hope to come
And be here now
Cause we've been chasing for love like a pot of gold
Selling our bodies to heal our souls
As we bleed here now

1 comment:

Jacob Kokura said...

Neat that you liked their music too! I had no idea you were there, but I found Zerbin to be my favourite band of the day. Very good CD as a whole, and great song.

Jacob

Post a Comment