Today has been a beautiful day. Woke up and skyped with my beautiful Christina from the land over yonder in jolly old Britain and then headed out for a lovely church service. Went to Chapters and bought books (Catch-22 and Grapes of Wrath), came home and curled up in the la-z-boy and read Catch-22. Went for a run with Abbie (holy flippin FREEZING!) and then came home and tortured our abs a little. Had some dinner. Abbie and I cleaned our room. Updated my ipod. And now I have a few minutes to relax and share with you a thought I had today...
On Thursday, I decided that I wanted a Polaroid camera. And I posted a facebook status to that effect, entreating anyone out there who felt so inclined to send one my way. I knew that was kind of a hopeless cause, facebook being all faceless and whatnot...
On Friday I was hanging out with my parents at my house and mentioned that I wanted one and did they have any ideas where I could find one (an old, legit one)...my dad goes "Oh I have one you can have" and proceeds to get it out for me and hands it over.
Just like that.
Now I have to find film, which I hear is a bit of a task and after calling all around Nanaimo, it's not looking very promising...
But that's not what this post is about...I was sitting in church today and it hit me how often I take the desires of my heart to the wrong people/places. All it took was for me to mention to my dad that I wanted a polaroid camera, and out comes this camera that I didn't even know he had.
How much more is my Heavenly Father able to give me the desires of my heart?
I realized that so often I whine and complain to my family and friends about certain things and how I just want this or just want to understand that or whatever the case may be. And yet, they are not the ones with the power to satisfy my heart. I don't think it would be far-fetched to say that a lot of us do this.
What is it that keeps us from simply taking it to our Father and laying our hearts before Him? Has He not promised us that He longs to give us every good and perfect gift?
Food for thought for you :)


No comments:
Post a Comment