Saturday, November 14, 2009

This Is My Choice

I was trying to get inspired a few weeks ago for a drime for youth (drama+mime) and couldn't figure out what I wanted to do. I listened to song after song and nothing was giving me any great ideas. Finally I gave up, which is when God started talking to me about how to present something that was meaningful it had to come straight from my heart. He started leading me through the journey that I have taken in my relationship with God the last few years. There is this song that I love that has the line "Only the heartaches have given me sight. They bring me to you." I realized that although the good times in life have shown me so much of God's power and grace as well, it has been the heartwrenching moments that left me on my knees, desperate for more of God. It hit me that the story I needed to tell was simply about intimacy with God - what it means, and the choices that one must make along the way. Because an intimate relationship doesn't just happen overnight, it takes time to develop and cultivate.

Anyways, this was all well and good, but I still didn't have a song. Frustrated, I turned my lights out and was starting to fall asleep, but had left my Newly Added playlist on and one song came on, Sweep Me Away by Charlie Hall and instantly I started getting those little God-shivers. This was the song. It is simple, but it is beautiful. I turned the light back on and spent 3 hours that night blocking out the story I wanted to tell. It's simply called "This Is My Choice". And it's being done this Wednesday and next Sunday at CCC both services, so you should come watch it :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wished I'd known, and I would have been there. Do you have it typed out or taped?
Mom

Post a Comment